At Bank of Pontiac, our employees, customers and community welfare are important to us. As the coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to disrupt life in parts of the United States, we feel it is critical to let you know about the proactive steps Bank of Pontiac is taking to keep our employees/customers safe and share information with you to help protect yourself.
- All public spaces within Bank of Pontiac’s facilities are being cleaned regularly.
- Employees have been provided with information on how to stay healthy and how to avoid illness through proper hygiene practices. Employees are instructed to stay home when they are not feeling well.
- We have assembled a cross-functional team to meet frequently to review, monitor and adjust operations as the situation changes to ensure continuation of critical business functions.
For customers, we recommend the following:
- We encourage you to use Bank of Pontiac’s Online and Mobile Banking services for your everyday banking needs. You can check account balances, view account history, transfer funds, pay bills, deposit checks and locate our ATMs.
- If you are not feeling well, we encourage you to avoid unnecessary trips to the bank. If you need assistance with a banking issue, please call us Toll Free at 855-844-6151.
- As you conduct transactions at ATMs, at payment terminals (using your payment cards) or when using cash, it is recommended that you should avoid touching your face (eyes/nose/mouth) after completing a transaction and wash your hands or use hand sanitizer as you would after being in any public space. Sanitize your payment cards and mobile phone regularly.
- Beware of scams and criminals using fear/intimidation, trickery, urgency or disinformation related to the coronavirus (COVID-19) to attempt to steal your sensitive, personal or account information. Watch out for strange calls, emails, texts or websites that look like they are coming from legitimate businesses or government agencies asking for information like SSN, usernames/passwords (login info), account numbers, credit or debit card numbers, PINs, etc. Bank of Pontiac will never request such information through email/text/outbound calls. Always check your account statements for official websites and customer service numbers and call those numbers directly rather than giving out information over the phone/email/text.
- Coronavirus: Scammers follow the headlines – Federal Trade Commission
- Defending Against COVID-19 Cyber Scams – Dept. of Homeland Security
Bank of Pontiac continues to monitor the situation using information from trusted sources including the Center for Disease Control (CDC), the World Health Organizations (WHO), banking agencies/regulators and state/local health agencies.
Please call Bank of Pontiac Toll Free at 855-844-6151 with any banking questions or if you need assistance with specific banking activities.
As always, thank you for your trust in Bank of Pontiac!